Simply using Hangouts Plus or Hangouts itself

birckcmi

30 Apr, 2016 06:39 PM

I purchased Hangouts Plus because I don't trust any of the "free" VOiP applications to work right. Unfortunately, hangouts Plus is no exception. I think I need to find out how the calls are supposed to work. I used Skype a few times years ago, but it kept demanding money so i stopped. Now I'm trying to use Hangouts. OK, I don't want to MAKE any calls. I want to RECEIVE calls. How do I do that? All the Google so-called instructions are oriented toward showing the user how many wonderful things he or she can do with Hangouts, but say nothing about how to actually USE the app to accomplish a call. So if I schedule a call for a certain time, when I expect the caller to call me, should I have the app up and running, with video on and sound cooridnated? Or should I be sitting, waiting for the call to come in, with the computer on but running MS Office? Fact is, if I sit and wait, I won't have the headphones on, meaning that I won't hear the ring. So how am I supposed to RECEIVE a Hangouts call, rather than send one? It seems that the makers of these apps assume that all of us know from birth how this stuff is suppose to work. I don't.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with MacAppsters please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

09 Apr, 2019 05:36 PM
02 Apr, 2019 06:55 PM
29 Mar, 2019 04:20 AM